Since our founding in 2002 as Vancouver Island’s first and foremost taiko group, Uminari Taiko has performed in numerous theatres, concert halls, schools and parks for community celebrations, annual runs and special events both public and private. To each we have injected powerful rhythms, dynamic energy and lively spirit.
If you would like us to perform at an event large or small, please fill out the Booking Request form.
Grand Opening of Esquimalt Gorge Park Pavilion – June 18, 12 – 2 PM
Uminari Taiko will help the Township of Esquimalt officially open the new Pavilion at Esquimalt Gorge Park. UT will be performing several times throughout the proceedings. This event is free and open to the public. RSVP no longer required.
Other upcoming performances this summer.
- June 30 – District of Saanich Music in the Bay at Gyro Park at 6 – 7 PM. Free
- July 1 – We are off to Courtenay to participate in their Canada Day celebration. Our performance will take place in Lewis Park.
- July 23 – Japan Fest at the Broadmead Village Shopping Centre from 3 to 5 pm. This is the VNCS summer cultural festival that is done in conjunction with FUDO Japanese Restaurant who will be offering a special snack menu.
- August 13 – Victoria Dragon Boat Festival. Just confirmed. Details to come.
- August 14 – Cameron Bandshell, Beacon Hill Park at 6 PM. This is part of the City of Victoria’s Music in the Park series.
- August 20 – Salish Sea Lantern Festival, Sidney BC, Fishing Pier, 7:30 to 10:00 PM. We will be performing and leading a lantern parade.
- August 27 – VNCS Japanese Cultural Fair, Esquimalt Gorge Park Pavilion, 10 AM to 4 PM. This is the VNCS major cultural event which is being held for the first time at the new Gorge Park Pavilion.
All of these events are FREE and open to the public. As more details are known that information will be posted.
Sign up for Uminari Taiko’s newsletter